Terms and ConditionsMedia Opinions Ireland is an online survey that helps the media industry understand the opinion and viewing habits of the public.
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully.
The Terms and Conditions should be read with the Privacy Notice which gives details on how we collect, store, use, share and protect your personal data. By joining Media Opinions Ireland you agree to these Terms and Conditions and confirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice, do not sign up for Media Opinions Ireland.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or the Privacy Notice at any time. If we do this we will send you an email to let you know. If you do not agree to any of the changes that we make you must unsubscribe from Media Opinions Ireland (please see the section titled “Leaving Media Opinions Ireland”). Otherwise we will assume that you have accepted and agree to the changes made.
By signing up for Media Opinions Ireland you agree to receive survey invites by email when a survey that you are eligible for becomes available. Media Opinions Ireland does not guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of surveys in a set time frame or when you will receive your first survey. There is no upper limit on the number of surveys that you might receive. You may take part in as many or as few surveys as you want to.
1. Signing up for Media Opinions IrelandThere is no charge for taking part in Media Opinions Ireland. Any personal data that you provide will only be used as described in our Privacy Notice and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
To be accepted as a member of Media Opinions Ireland you must:
- Have only one account (multiple sign ups will not be accepted).
- Sign up as yourself and not pretend to be any other person.
- Be an individual - not a corporation or any other type of entity.
- Complete the sign up form honestly and accurately ensuring that all information requested is complete.
- Provide a valid email address so you can receive our surveys. This needs to be unique to you and cannot be shared with another member of Media Opinions Ireland.
- Be living in the Republic of Ireland and provide a residential Irish address.
- Be over the age of 18.
- NOT work in Market Research, Advertising, TV & Media or Journalism.
- NOT have a partner / close family member who works in Market Research, Advertising, TV & Media or Journalism.
We monitor all member sign ups and survey records as part of our quality checks. If we find out / suspect that you have signed up for Media Opinions Ireland multiple times we reserve the right to immediately remove one or all of the accounts without notice and to refuse any future sign ups from you. If you are removed you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
2. Your AccountOnce you have been accepted as a member of Media Opinions Ireland you will be sent a link so you can set up your account. You will be required to create a password so you can access your account, complete surveys and redeem your rewards. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and secure and for any activity that occurs under your account. You must not allow anyone else to use your account for any reason and must let us know immediately if you think that someone has gained unauthorised access to your account.
If you forget your password you can reset it by going to www.mediaopinionsireland.ie and following the “Forgot your password” link. You will need to use the email address you have registered with Media Opinions Ireland to be able to do this. If you have forgotten which email address you are registered with or are unable to reset your password using this process please email email@example.com. You must satisfy any security checks before we are able to help you gain access to your account and reset your password.
3. Updating Personal DataYou are responsible for making sure that your personal data including your contact details are accurate and up to date. Your contact details will be used to send you surveys, rewards and to communicate with you about Media Opinions Ireland. We may end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland without notice if you fail to keep your personal data accurate and up to date. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
We cannot be held responsible for lost vouchers that were sent to an old address because your address was not updated. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about any changes to your contact details.
4. Receiving Credits and RewardsYou will receive credits for every survey you complete. Each credit that you earn will be automatically added to your account. Credits are not transferable between accounts, have no cash value and can only be used to redeem your chosen reward. You will be rewarded for taking part in our surveys with shopping vouchers, charity donations or you can raise money for a community group.
All rewards will be managed by TRP Research. We will continue to send you rewards as long as you remain a member of Media Opinions Ireland. We will let you know how many credits each survey is worth when we send the survey out and in the survey itself. Our surveys are varied lengths and may not include the same questions in each survey.
For more about the rewards we offer please visit www.mediaopinionsireland.ie/rewards. Rewards are subject to change at any time.
- If you chose to receive shopping vouchers or to donate to charity when you signed up for Media Opinions Ireland you can redeem your chosen reward by logging in to your account and going to the “My Rewards” tab once you have earned enough credits. Rewards start at €5. Your credits will be automatically adjusted once you redeem a reward.
- One4all gift cards: If you choose to redeem a One4all gift card we will need to provide your name and postal address to One4all so they can send the gift card out to you directly. If you do not want us to send your details to One4all you will need to choose a different reward. We will also ask you to confirm your address, it is your responsibility to make sure that your address is correct. We do not accept any responsibility for loss of your gift card because we were given the wrong address. One4all gift cards will be sent out through the post within 7 days of redeeming.
- All other vouchers and charity donation notifications: These will be sent out automatically by email when you redeem them.
- If you chose to receive Community group funding when you signed up for Media Opinions Ireland we will automatically pay €50 into the group’s nominated bank account once the group has reached 5000 credits, unless an alternative agreement has been made with your group. This payment will usually occur within a couple of weeks after the group has reached the payment threshold, where we have the group’s bank account details. This gives us time to process any credits that are due and pay into the group’s account. We will send you and other members of the group an email once the group has been paid.
5. Community GroupsIn order to raise money for a community group through taking our surveys you will need to name the group when prompted in the sign up form.
Each individual community group needs to have between 3 and 20 members to qualify for the scheme. If you chose a community group when you signed up but haven’t been able to get the 3 members needed to qualify for this scheme, we may contact you and ask you to change to a different reward. If your group reaches 20 members, the maximum group size allowed, we reserve the right to refuse any further sign ups to your group without notice.
Once your group has collected enough credits we will ask for the group’s bank account details so we can pay €50 into the account. See section 4 for more details on paying out rewards.
If you have chosen community group as your reward choice you will not be able to see the rewards page when you log in to your account. If you later decide you no longer want to raise money for your community group you will need to email us at email@example.com to let us know and we can update your reward choice.
6. Referring FriendsCurrent members can refer their friends to Media Opinions Ireland by completing the refer a friend form at the end of Wednesday’s survey invitation when we are looking for more members. You must be a current member of Media Opinions Ireland to be able to refer friends and receive rewards.
You must provide your friend’s name and email address so that we can send them an invite – make sure you check their details carefully. We will not send out an invite to your friend if we are missing any details in the refer a friend form.
We’ll also need your email address so that we can link the referral back to you and reward you with the extra referral credits. If the details you provide do not match our records we will not be able to send your friend an invite.
Your name will also be included in the email inviting your friend to join Media Opinions Ireland. There is no limit on the number of friends you can refer but we will only send each friend one invite. It is their choice whether or not they want to sign up to Media Opinions Ireland.
In order to receive the refer a friend credits your friend needs to sign for Media Opinions Ireland (see section 1) and you must both complete at least 7 daily surveys. Credits will be added to both accounts once they have been checked and no later than one month after the criteria have been met as long as you are both still members of Media Opinions Ireland. In addition, they must:
- Have never been a member of Media Opinions Ireland in the past.
- Use the referral link included in the email to sign up for Media Opinions Ireland.
7. Prize DrawsWe may run free prize draws from time to time. These prize draws will be subject to additional Terms and Conditions that will be put up on the Media Opinions Ireland website when the prize draw starts.
8. Filling in SurveysWe use technology to send your surveys and open / close them. We may set quotas in our surveys to make sure that they represent the population of Ireland. Once these quotas are met you will not be able to take part in the survey.
When filling in our surveys make sure that you are not rushed and have time to complete the surveys properly. You are responsible for filling in your surveys honestly and accurately. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the data you provide is untrue, inaccurate or that you are not filling in our surveys properly we may end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland without notice. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Responses that do not make sense.
- Responses that are inconsistent with other information provided.
- Not answering all the required questions in the survey.
- Speeding through the survey too quickly and not answering the questions properly.
- Inappropriate or abusive answers to questions.
- Assisting other members on how to answer their survey.
9. ConfidentialityThe surveys we send you may disclose confidential, sensitive or trade secret information relating to our clients. This might include ideas about new television or radio shows and advertising among other things. The content you see in our surveys remain the absolute property of the client who asked for the survey and must not be shared with any other person. In addition, you must not copy, print or store this information and must only use it for the sole purpose of completing the survey. If you fail to do this we will end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland without notice and you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
For any damages caused by a data breach you commit you may be liable for monetary damages to both Media Opinions Ireland and / or our client.
10. AdvertisingYou must not make false or misleading statements when advertising or talking about Media Opinions Ireland in person, on social media, in articles or in any other place. As a member of Media Opinions Ireland you are responsible for making sure that any information you publish about Media Opinions Ireland is accurate and up to date. If you fail to do this we may end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland without notice and you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
11. Links to Other WebsitesAny links to external websites provided by third parties such as the charities we work with are provided for your information only. We accept no responsibility for these websites and have no control over their content. These websites will have their own Terms and Conditions / Privacy Notices / Cookie Notices and you use these websites at your own risk.
12. InactivityYour account may be set to inactive for any of the following reasons:
- If we get a bounceback message when we send an email or survey to you. If we are unable to contact you through any other means, e.g. phone call you will be removed from Media Opinions Ireland and will not receive any surveys or emails from us. Therefore, it is important that you check your details carefully when signing up for Media Opinions Ireland. Your details will be kept on our records, so we don’t try and contact you again.
- If you have never completed a survey or have not completed a survey for a while. If you fall into one of these groups you may receive an email, text or phone call asking if you want to remain a member of Media Opinions Ireland. If you don’t respond to this email/text/phone call or complete a survey you will be unsubscribed from Media Opinions Ireland (see “Leaving Media Opinions Ireland” section below).
- If you let us know you would like to have a break from our surveys, for example if you’re going on holiday. If this happens your account will be set to inactive for the duration of the break. It will be made active again on the date you ask us to resume. Once it’s active again you will start getting surveys once more and will continue to receive credits and rewards.
13. Leaving Media Opinions IrelandYou can leave Media Opinions Ireland at any time. To unsubscribe please log into your account at www.mediaopinionsireland.ie, go to the “My Details” page and follow the link to unsubscribe, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests to unsubscribe will be completed within 7 days and once actioned you will not be contacted again. We will keep a record of your personal information for the purpose of preventing fraud and to make sure that you are not contacted again (e.g. via a friend referral). All data will be protected and stored as per our Privacy Notice.
If you unsubscribe you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or be able to redeem any rewards / get any rewards that are due. You will also not be able to log into your account.
14. Removal from Media Opinions IrelandYour membership with Media Opinions Ireland may be ended without notice if you fail to follow these Terms and Conditions. If this happens you will lose any credits you have left in your account and you will no longer be sent surveys, receive credits or get any rewards that are due.
If you no longer meet the criteria for being a member of Media Opinions Ireland as defined in section 1 “Signing up for Media Opinions Ireland” then you can no longer take part in our research and we will need to remove you from Media Opinions Ireland.