Privacy NoticeThis Privacy Notice explains how TRP Research Ltd collects and uses your personal information when you sign up to Media Opinions Ireland. It also explains how we protect the personal information you provide and any survey data we collect through the survey process.
Media Opinions Ireland is a daily survey run by TRP Research to provide insight into how different Media is consumed and appreciated in Ireland.
TRP Research work with a wide range of companies to help them gain an understanding of their audience.
Data Collection – Personal DetailsHow will Media Opinions Ireland protect your information?
- To become a member of Media Opinions Ireland you need to complete the sign up form.
- All personal details provided will remain confidential and secure. If you choose to redeem a voucher and it is sent directly by the retailer we will share your name and postal address so that they can send your voucher out. Please see the 'Rewards' section for more details. We won’t pass on any personal details to any third parties for selling, marketing or any other purpose.
- Media Opinions Ireland guarantees member anonymity and confidentiality.
- There is no charge for taking part in Media Opinions Ireland.
- We promise to collect and process your data safely in accordance with the ESOMAR (to see a copy of the ESOMAR code of conduct please visit www.esomar.org) and the Market Research Society Code of Conduct (to see a copy of this please visit www.mrs.org.uk).
- Your personal data will be stored on our secure servers in the UK and in our survey tool provider called QuestBack. If you would like to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice please visit www.questback.com/data-privacy. If you are at an event ask one of our recruiters to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice.
- When you sign up we will let you know why we ask for each piece of information. We will also ask for your consent to collect, store and process this data. We need to know these details to make sure that Media Opinions Ireland represents the population of Ireland. Our reporting is based on broader categories with age being reported as an age bracket (e.g. 18-29) and postal address being converted into large areas (e.g. Leinster).
- TRP Research collects and processes special category data (Country of Birth, Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation, Religion and Disability). Before we collect this, we will ask for additional explicit consent to collect, store and process this data. If you do not give your consent for us to collect this information, this is not a problem and you will still be able to join Media Opinions Ireland.
We will let you know why we ask for this data at each question and you will have the option to answer with ‘prefer not to say’.
- We will only use the name, postal address, Eircode, email address and telephone number you have provided to send you surveys, rewards and to communicate with you in relation to Media Opinions Ireland. We will only use the contact details provided for this purpose and will seek further consent from you before using your contact details for any other purpose.
- We may compare the information you have given us to other sources, for example the Eircode finder, as part of our checking process.
- Your personal data will be stored on our secure servers in the UK and in our survey tool provider called QuestBack but this information will never be passed on to our clients. If you would like to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice please visit www.questback.com/data-privacy. If you are at an event ask one of our recruiters to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice.
- Your personal information will be stored and processed while you are completing surveys or until the project ends.
For those who have been a member of Media Opinions Ireland for more than 6 weeks: If you have not completed at least 1 daily survey since joining we will contact you asking you to complete a survey to remain a member of Media Opinions Ireland. If you do not do this, we will remove you from Media Opinions Ireland and will not contact you again.
For those who have been a member of Media Opinions Ireland for more than 6 months: If you have completed at least 1 daily survey since joining but haven’t done one for more than 6 months we will still send you surveys for up to 9 months unless you have asked us to stop. Between 6-9 months after the last survey was completed we will contact you asking you to complete a survey to remain a member of Media Opinions Ireland. If you do not do this we will remove you from Media Opinions Ireland and will not contact you again.
- We will not send your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Data Collection – Surveys
- We will send you surveys every day and bonus surveys from time to time unless you choose to leave Media Opinions Ireland or let us know that you do not want us to send you the survey.
- Your survey response data will be collected and stored on our secure servers in the UK and in our survey tool provider called QuestBack but this information will never be passed on to our clients. If you would like to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice please visit www.questback.com/data-privacy.
- Your data will be combined with data from other members and once this has taken place it will not be possible to identify you through your survey responses.
- You will be rewarded for taking part in our surveys with vouchers, payments to a community group or charity donations.
- All rewards will be administered by TRP Research. Some vouchers are sent out directly by the retailers we work with on behalf of TRP research, and some are online gift codes that will be emailed directly to you.
- If you choose to redeem a One4all gift card, this will be sent by post and TRP research will provide the retailer with your name and postal address so they can send out your gift card directly. We will ask you to confirm your address if you redeem a One4all gift card, it is important these details are correct to ensure you receive your gift card. By redeeming one of these gift cards you are agreeing for us to provide One4all with your name and postal address. These retailers are also required to safeguard your personal data. Please see One4all’s Privacy Notices for more detail on how they will use and store your personal details - www.one4all.com
- Your personal data will never be shared with community groups or charities that we work with.
- We will continue to send you your rewards as long as you remain a member of Media Opinion Ireland.
The right to be informed
- You have the right to know how TRP Research uses your personal information. Please see the ‘Why does Media Opinions Ireland need my personal information’ section above.
The rights of access and rectification
- You have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you as well as manage and update your personal information.
- You can log into your account via the Portals app or via the Media Opinions Ireland Homepage and go to the ‘My Details’ section. Here you can view and update the personal information we hold on you, or you can email us at email@example.com to request a copy of the information.
- We may contact you via an email, letter or phone-call to check that the details you have provided to us are correct.
The right to be forgotten
- You have the right to request us to delete your personal data. Deleting your data will mean you will no longer able to be part of Media Opinions Ireland. If you would like us to delete your personal data please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org using the message subject "Request to delete my personal data".
- If you choose to delete your personal data there is a possibility that we may contact you again in the future as we will no longer have a record of who you are.
The right to restrict processing of your data
- If you have any concerns over the information that we hold on you or the way in which it has been processed you have a right to request the restriction of processing of your data. Should you wish to do this please email us at email@example.com
The right to data portability
- You have the right to move your personal data to another research panel.
- If you want to move your personal data from Media Opinions Ireland to another market research panel please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for it to happen.
The right to object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- If you object to the processing of your data please email us at email@example.com or unsubscribe (please see ‘Leaving Media Opinions Ireland’ section).
Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Media Opinions Ireland does not use automated decision making or profiling.
Leaving Media Opinions Ireland
- You can leave Media Opinions Ireland at any time. To unsubscribe please log into your account at www.mediaopinionsireland.ie, go to the ‘My Details' page and follow the link to unsubscribe, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 7 days for the changes to take effect. Once you have unsubscribed we will keep your details on our records but will not use this information to contact you again.
- We reserve the right to end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland at any time.
- If you need any further information or wish to lodge a complaint please contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with ESOMAR at www.esomar.org/contact, the Market Research Society at www.mrs.org.uk or the ICO at www.ico.org.uk.
- For more information on the survey, rewards, Media Opinions Ireland news or FAQs please visit our website www.mediaopinionsireland.ie.
- We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review; the notice was last updated on 29/08/2019.