Media Opinions Ireland and Contacting usMedia Opinions Ireland is a survey run by TRP Research Ltd to provide insight into how different Media is consumed and appreciated in Ireland. We work with a wide range of companies to help them gain an understanding of their audience. TRP Research Ltd is based in the UK so any personal data / survey responses collected from you will be stored and processed in both the UK and the EEA. For more information about where your personal data is stored see the section titled “Data Storage and Protection”.
Our registered address is Wellington House, Queen Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 3UF.
If you have any questions on the following please contact us on email@example.com:
- Media Opinions Ireland including anything relating to our surveys, rewards, referring friends, prize draws etc.
- The personal data we collect from you.
- Accessing / amending / porting / erasing your personal data.
- Unsubscribing from Media Opinions Ireland.
- Our Privacy Notice / Terms and Conditions.
- Anything else more general.
- We ask for your consent to collect and use your personal data when you sign up for Media Opinions Ireland. This consent allows us to send you surveys, collect your responses from surveys, report findings on different groups to our clients and make sure that Media Opinions Ireland represents the population of Ireland. It also means that we can send you rewards and communicate with you about Media Opinions Ireland.
- Each time you refer a friend for Media Opinions Ireland we ask for your consent so that we can send your friend an email including your name inviting them to join Media Opinions Ireland.
- We ask for your explicit consent when we ask you to provide special categories of personal data, such as data relating to ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disabilities and where you were born. See the section titled “Special Categories of Personal Data” to find out more about how this data is used.
- Each time you redeem a One4all gift card you consent for us to provide your name and address details to One4all so they can send out your gift card.
- We use your name, postal address (including Eircode), email address and telephone number to send you surveys, rewards and to communicate with you about Media Opinions Ireland. Your contact details will also be used to let you know if you have won one of our prize draws. We will only use the contact details provided for this purpose and will seek further consent from you before using your contact details for any other purpose. Communicating with you about Media Opinions Ireland
- We use all information collected from you as part of the sign up form to make sure you meet the criteria for joining Media Opinions Ireland and to help check the quality of our members. For example, to make sure you have a valid postal address we may use the Eircode finder to make sure that your address exists. We may also use other data collected from you during our surveys to detect fraudulent activity.
- We may use the demographic information (e.g. age, gender, address, ethnicity etc) you provide so we can decide if you qualify for a survey.
- We use your age, gender, postal address and job details / working status to make sure that Media Opinions Ireland represents the population of Ireland and to set quotas to limit the number of responses from different groups if needed. We also use this information so we can report findings from our surveys on different groups and send you relevant surveys. Our reporting is based on broader categories with age being reported as an age bracket (e.g. 18-29) and postal address being converted into large areas (e.g. Leinster).
- We use your job details and working status so we can give you a social grade. This allows us to make sure that Media Opinions Ireland represents the population of Ireland and to set quotas to limit the number of responses from different groups if needed. We also use this information so we can report findings from our surveys on different groups and send you relevant surveys.
- Once you are a member of Media Opinions Ireland your personal data will be stored and processed on our secure servers in the UK, in Questback and in the Sendmode system. If you choose to redeem a One4all voucher your data will also be stored by One4all and will be subject to their data storage policies. See section titled “Sharing Your Personal Data” below for more information about these companies, what data is shared with them and why it’s shared.
- If you signed up for Media Opinions Ireland using a paper form at an event your paper sign up form will be stored securely in our offices.
- Your personal data will only be accessed by our employees who need access to it to carry out their job responsibilities, for example to input your data, send you surveys and answer your questions.
- Your personal data will be stored and processed while you are a member of Media Opinions Ireland or until the project ends. If you choose to unsubscribe from Media Opinions Ireland we will keep a record of your personal data unless you ask for it to be deleted (see “The right to erasure” under the section titled “Your Privacy Rights”). The reason for this is to help prevent fraud and to make sure that you are not contacted again (e.g. via a friend referral).
- We can send you surveys and collect your responses.
- You can be rewarded for taking part in our surveys.
- You can log into your account, update any personal details, change your password, redeem your rewards and unsubscribe. Personal data stored in Questback will be kept in their data centre in the EEA. Questback is a Data Processor and is therefore required to safeguard your data. If you would like to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice please visit www.questback.com. If you are at an event ask one of our recruiters to see a copy of Questback’s Privacy Notice.
Our EU Representative (under Article 27 of GDPR)We have appointed EU Rep as our Representative under Article 27 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). All GDPR queries from EU Data Subjects or Data Protection authorities should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. BizLegal Ltd trading as EU Rep have their registered office at 27 Cork Road, Middleton Co. Cork, Ireland. Company number 635921.
Keeping your Data Safe - Our Privacy Promise to youMedia Opinions Ireland take great care to keep all the personal data that you have provided safe. We follow the EU data protection law (GDPR) and the UK data protection law (Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR). We will also collect and process your data safely in accordance with the ESOMAR. In addition, we also follow the Market Research Society Code of Conduct. We are the controller and are responsible for your personal data.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store, use, share and protect your personal data when you sign up for Media Opinions Ireland and take part in our surveys or register your community group. It also explains the Privacy Rights that you have in relation to your personal data.
The Privacy Notice should be read with the Terms and Conditions. By joining Media Opinions Ireland you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to this Privacy Notice as well as the Terms and Conditions. In addition, by taking part in our surveys you are giving us your consent to collect, store and use your personal data and survey responses as outlined in this Notice. If you do not agree to the Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions, do not sign up for Media Opinions Ireland.
Lawful basis for processing your personal dataPersonal data means any information about an individual which allows you to be identified. It may also include special categories of personal data, such as ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disabilities and where you were born which are considered more sensitive.
We use consent as our lawful basis for collecting and using any personal data that we collect from you as below.
Personal DataWe collect personal data such as your name and address when you sign up for Media Opinions Ireland and we ask for your consent to collect and use this data. This data is collected through an online survey or a paper survey if you sign up at one of our events. We will let you know why we need each piece of personal data when you sign up for Media Opinions Ireland. If you don't provide us with this data then you will not be able to join Media Opinions Ireland. We also collect some personal data as part of our follow up survey, such as data relating to your ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disabilities and where you were born. Again, we will let you know why we ask for each piece of personal data at the time you fill in the survey. You do not need to fill in the follow up survey or complete every question of it to remain a member of Media Opinions Ireland.
We collect and use your personal data in the following ways using “consent” as our lawful basis for processing.
Email address: We will use your email address to communicate with you most of the time as this is how we send our surveys and rewards to you.
Phone number: We may text or call you from time to time to let you know about our surveys, Media Opinions Ireland and any special rewards / prize draws that we have going on. All our text messages include the option to opt out if you do not want to receive further texts from us. If you would like to opt out from phone calls let us know by emailing email@example.com or tell our representative on the phone.
Postal address: We may contact you by using your postal address from time to time to let you know about our surveys, Media Opinions Ireland and any special rewards / prize draws that we have going on. If you do not want us to contact you by post for any reason let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can change your communication preferences at any time by emailing email@example.com. Note that you are not able to opt out of communications by emails unless you unsubscribe.
Special Categories of Personal DataWe ask about your ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disabilities and where you were born as part of our follow up questions once you are a member of Media Opinions Ireland. We ask for this information so we can make sure that Media Opinions Ireland is representative of Irish society. It also allows us to report findings from our surveys on different groups and send you extra surveys that are relevant to you. This information is considered "special category data" and we only collect it where you have given your explicit consent. We therefore use “explicit consent” as our lawful basis for processing this data.
If you are not happy for us to collect and use this special category data, you do not have to answer these questions and you can still be a member. In addition, these questions will always include a “prefer not to say” option. If you do provide us with this special category data but no longer want us to hold this data, let us know and we will remove it from your record.
SurveysWe will send you surveys once they are available unless you choose to leave Media Opinions Ireland or let us know that you do not want us to send you the survey. The responses you provide to our surveys are voluntary and it is your choice whether you want to take part in the surveys we send you. We use “consent” as our lawful basis for processing to send you surveys, collect your responses and report findings on different groups to our clients. Your individual survey responses will be collected and stored on our secure servers in the UK once the survey has closed and in Questback. This information is never passed on to our clients. Your data will then be combined with data from other members so we can help our clients understand what it means and answer their questions. Once this has taken place it will not be possible to identify you through your survey responses.
Sometimes our surveys include free text fields, for example to ask for your opinion on a new TV show. The answers to these questions are passed directly on to our clients. We will never ask you for any personal information in these questions and we ask you to make sure that you do not include anything that might identify you personally in these free text fields.
Referring a FriendIf you decide to refer a friend for Media Opinions Ireland you will need to provide us with your friend’s name and email address so we can send them an email inviting them to join Media Opinions Ireland. You should only refer your friends if they are happy for you to give us their name and email address. Your friend’s name and email address will be treated in the same way as any other personal data and is subject to the same Privacy Rights as a Media Opinions Ireland member. Your friends’ details will be kept on record until the project ends so that we know who we have sent an invitation to, so we don’t send them multiple invites.
We also ask for your email address so we can link the referral back to you and reward you with the extra referral credits. In addition, your name will be included in the email inviting your friend to join Media Opinions Ireland. We ask for your consent each time you refer a friend and therefore use “consent” as our lawful basis for processing the data.
If you do not agree to this do not use the Refer a Friend Scheme to refer your friends for Media Opinions Ireland.
ChildrenYou need to be over the age of 18 to be able to sign up for Media Opinions Ireland and take part in our surveys. We will not knowingly collect data from any person under the age of 18 without consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s). If you are a parent or legal guardian and find out that your child has given personal data to us that you did not agree to, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete any information that we hold on them.
Data Storage and ProtectionWe know how important it is to keep the personal data that you have provided safe.
Sharing Your Personal DataMedia Opinions Ireland guarantees that your personal data will be kept confidential and secure. We keep a record of the personal data you have provided in our files but information that personally identifies you is never shared with our clients or used in our reporting. We won’t pass on any personal details to any third parties for selling, marketing or any other purposes. In addition, your personal data will never be shared with the community groups or charities that we work with.
We will never share your personal data with third parties apart from our named service providers listed below and for the reasons given. They will only be given access to the least amount of personal data that is needed to be able to provide the specific service to us. In addition, we have written agreements with them to make sure they do not disclose your data to any other party or use it for any other purpose.
Questback - surveys:
All our surveys are created and sent through our Survey tool provider called QuestBack. Personal data such as your name and email address are stored in Questback when you sign up for Media Opinions Ireland. These details remain in the system unless you ask for us to delete your personal data. Any further surveys you complete including the follow up survey containing questions on the number of children in the household, languages spoken, marital status and ethnicity etc will also be stored in Questback, alongside your sign up information. Storing your personal data in Questback means:
Sendmode Business Messaging – sending texts:
We may sometimes send you text messages about Media Opinions Ireland through Sendmode Business Messaging. Personal data such as your name and phone number will be stored in the Sendmode system so this can happen. Your details are deleted from the system when they are no longer needed. Each text message will include the option to opt out if you no longer want to receive texts from us. If you choose to opt out your name and phone number will be stored in Sendmode to make sure that you do not receive any more texts from us. Personal data stored in Sendmode will be kept in their data centres in Ireland.
Sendmode is a Data Processor and is required to safeguard your data. If you would like to see a copy of Sendmode’s Privacy Notice please visit www.sendmode.co.uk. If you are at an event ask one of our recruiters to see a copy of Sendmode’s Privacy Notice.
One4all – sending out gift cards:
One4all gift cards are sent out directly by One4all in the post. If you want to redeem an One4all gift card we will need to provide One4all with your name and postal address so they can send the gift card out to you. By redeeming one of these gift cards you confirm that you are happy for this to happen. Your personal data will be sent to One4all securely. Personal data stored by One4all will be stored within Ireland.
One4all is a Data Processor and is required to safeguard your personal data. Please see One4all’s Privacy Notice for more detail on how they will use and store your personal details www.one4all.com. If you are at an event ask one of our recruiters to see a copy of One4all’s Privacy Notice.
Data transfers outside the EEAYour personal data will be transferred between the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA) as per this Privacy Notice but will not be transferred elsewhere.
Your Privacy RightsThe right to be informed: You have the right to know how TRP Research collects and uses your personal data. Please see the section titled “Personal Data” above for details on this.
The right of access: You have a right to access the personal data that we hold on you, should you wish to access this please email us at email@example.com confirming which information you wish to see.
The right to rectification: We want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. If there are any details that need updating please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will amend our records. You can also view and update your name, postal address, email address and phone number by logging into your account at www.mediaopinionsireland.ie. We may contact you via an email, text, letter or phone-call to check that the details you have provided to us are correct.
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete all your personal data. If you choose to do this you will no longer be able to take part in Media Opinions Ireland and will no longer receive surveys, credits or rewards from us. If you would like us to delete your personal data please contact us by email at email@example.com to let us know. If your personal data is deleted there is a chance that we may contact you again in the future, e.g. via a friend referral as we will no longer have a record of who you are.
The right to restrict processing: If you have any concerns over the personal data that we hold on you or the way in which it has been processed you have a right to request the restriction of processing of your data. If you would like to do this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
The right to data portability:You have the right to move your personal data to another research panel. If you would like to do this please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com and we can arrange for it to happen.
The right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. If you object to the processing of your data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe (please see the section titled “Leaving Media Opinions Ireland”).
Rights related to automated decision making and profiling: Automated decision making and profiling involves making a decision using technology with no human involvement. Media Opinions Ireland does not use automated decision making or profiling.
Leaving Media Opinions IrelandYou can leave Media Opinions Ireland at any time. To unsubscribe please log into your account at www.mediaopinionsireland.ie, go to the “My Details” page and follow the link to unsubscribe, or email email@example.com. Requests to unsubscribe will be completed within 7 days and once actioned you will not be contacted again. We will keep a record of your personal information for the purpose of preventing fraud and to make sure that you are not contacted again (e.g. via a friend referral). See section titled “Data Storage and Protection” for more details on this.
We reserve the right to end your membership with Media Opinions Ireland at any time – see our Terms and Conditions for more information on why we might need to do this.
Further InformationIf you need any further information or wish to lodge a complaint please contact us at www.mediaopinionsireland.ie. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with ESOMAR at www.esomar.org/contact, the Market Research Society at www.mrs.org.uk/standards/complaint-handling/tab/how_to_complain, the ICO at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or with our EU Representative (see section titled “EU Representative” for more details).
For more information on the survey, rewards, Media Opinions Ireland news or FAQs please visit our website www.mediaopinionsireland.ie.
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review; the notice was last updated on 30/12/2020.